The Scientific Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts for presentation at the Swiss Oncology & Hematology Congress.
Deadline submission of abstracts:
Sunday, 27 September 2020, CET 23.59
Guidelines for preparation of abstracts
- Abstracts may only be submitted online. Abstracts submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. Please use UK English spelling.
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract mustregister and attend the congress.
- The goal of the meeting is to present scientific work in hematology / oncology / cancer care done in Switzerland or done by Swiss researchers outside of Switzerland.
This shall provide an overview of activities in our country. Therefore abstracts of work previously presented at international congresses (encore abstracts) or planned for international congresses is acceptable and presentation is encouraged.
- Poster presenters must be present and stand by their posters during their assigned poster sessions.
- Provide a short specific title indicating the nature of the investigation. The background and goals of the study should appear clearly to the reader. The methods and results must contain data, and the conclusions should be clearly expressed.
- The title may not exceed 20 words characters including spaces. The abstract text may not be longer than 250 words including spaces, excluding disclosures.
- The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. A special or unusual abbreviation must be placed (in round brackets) after the first appearance of the word for which it stands.
- Authors are requested to select one of the following topic under which they wish to submit their presentation for:
- Hemostasis, transfusion medicine, vascular, laboratory medicine (SSH award for hemostasis)
- Clinical hemato-oncology (lymphoma, myeloma, leukemia, transplantation for SSH and SSMO) (SSH/SSMO award for clinical hemato-oncology)
- Experimental Hematology / Oncology (SSH/SSMO award for experimental hematology / oncology)
- Clinical solid tumor oncology (SSMO award for clinical solid tumor oncology)
- Max. 1 table and / or 1 figure can be added per abstract
When inserting a figure and/or a table, the text should be reduced accordingly. Each figure / table represents 300 characters. Figures/tables should be in high resolution (300 dpi), jpg. Tif, eps or png format.
- Images are not allowed.
- Presentation type: The Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation method.
- Please make sure to state your correct e-mail address. After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation by e-mail with the following information:
- reference number of your abstract (for correspondence and questions that might arise)
- your personal user code and password.
- Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted or if you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may use your personal access code. This will shorten the submission procedure.
Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline of 27 September 2020, 23.59h CET.
Each abstract will be reviewed by external experts and final selection will be made by the Scientific Programme Committee. Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via email in October 2020. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the online supplement of the EMH Journal -Swiss Medical Weekly as well as on the SOHC Congress’s website, and in the mobile app.
Full text of regular abstracts will be published 14 days prior to the first day of the congress (19 Nov 2020) on the congress website.
The award winner of each category and the following 4 abstracts with the next best rating per category will be presented on Thursday afternoon. Regular oral abstracts will be presented on Friday.
All accepted abstracts will be presented either in the best abstract session, the oral session or the poster session.
Abstract review criteria are based on clarity, supporting data, scientific exactness, potential significance, and innovation or usefulness.
When contacting the abstract team please refer to the name of the congress.
Abstract hotline: +41 61 686 77 22 (Monday - Friday during CET business hours)